That got your attention, didn’t it?
I took the Bicycling magazine Reader’s Choice Poll for the first time this year. I had read it for the past couple of years, but never submitted my own answers. Until now.
I’ve always been interested in other cyclist’s habits, preferences, tips, and training. I know I’ve got a few of my own. Now, I can compare how weird I am with the rest of the cycling world, so to speak. And, I thought I’d share some of my responses with you. Here we go…
- I ride on the road, on bike paths, on singletrack, and in XC mountain bike races.
- I prefer bibs to shorts, quads to calves, and Jens Voigt to Chris Horner (it’s hard not to like Jensie).
- Trends I’m most excited about: road disc brakes and performance aluminum frames.
- Cycling makes me…feel happier, less stressed, have more energy, look better and play nicer with others.
- I do not shave my legs. Just isn’t going to happen.
- I have had a bike stolen…with a lock on it.
- I’ve had a run-in with wildlife.
- The song that best describes cycling for me: “Lunatic Fringe” by Red Rider
- I do most of my own repair work; always have.
- I have…skipped a ride when it’s been raining, waved to other riders, given a victory salute on a solo ride, and, yes, I have, on many occasions, changed my clothes in a parking lot.
Does all this make me strange? Nah, it makes me…ME.
What about the rest of you? Cyclists, runners, fitness addicts, avid readers. What are your funny habits, your little peccadilloes, what makes you unique? I’d really like to know. Feel free to share in the comments. Thanks!